Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day Ideas

**In case Randy reads this, we are working on something super secrety for you, so this list doesn't reflect your father's day gift (except the tie I suppose).

I borrowed this from sista Wendy. Hand-stitched, personalized handkerchiefs for a man who likes to carry his own hankie. (She made these for our dad, Wayne-o who is a gentleman and a farmer with allergies and who must have one of these on hand at all times.)


A tie.


An easy apron for the guy who likes to cook or bbq.
(Randy with baby Lindsey)

For the dad who likes to garden. (I think these would be cuter sloppily painted by a toddler, no design, but that's probably because that's how my kids currently paint)

These are very cute too.

Or if your dad has a stressful job, maybe something soothing like this to keep on his desk and work out his frustrations. (Luckily that's not Randy's job. He'd probably just use it to play a game of catch. I like his job)

And then, there's always dessert. Come on, isn't that the point of these types of "holidays?"

What are you doing for Father's Day?

2 comments:

wendy said...

My hankies are famous! I think I borrowed that idea from someone else...but how fun to see them here.

One of your links, to the siloette? plates, made me laugh. She mentions going to the fair and watching an artist cut out silloettes? of people. A couple of years ago, in rapid city, we had a dude cut out the kids' sillioettes?. I love love love them and have them framed, hanging near the door.

Samantha Caffee said...

Oh how cute! We made all of the Daddies shirts. Well not really shirts, we bought some shirts and I made appliques out of the kids drawings and sewed them on letting them fray on the edges. We did this for Christmas too and it was a huge hit, so we decided to make them short sleeved ones for Fathers Day.

This is my first visit, nice to meet you!

xoxoxo,
Samantha