Monday, December 1, 2008

No Snow? No Problem!


A while back, my sister (Wendy or Heather? Sorry!) sent Lindsey a snowman kit with felt snowballs, 2 carrot noses to choose from, accessories and even felt lumps of coal. They are simple shapes cut out of felt, no sewing or gluing or anything else. My kids can choose from the different pieces to create their own snowman, even if it's not snowy out (and there's a lot less work to building a snowman in the warm house!).

This can be done with felt or even construction paper, and pulled out to play with any time!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

i love it! i think i'll do it at my sister's...thanks!!

the design boss said...

Very cute Mary, and sisters (I am sure both are equally creative!) I love stuff like that!

wendy said...

I think maybe heather made it. But I'm not sure. Maybe it was me. I have a snowman felt set (very similar to that one) that I made when I was nursery leader way back when Sydney was in nursery. I love it.

Around the same time, I also made a simple face one with different colored "skin" different shaped eyes, eyebrows, smiles, ears, etc. Oh, and hair. all sorts of different felt hair. I wonder where that is?

wendy said...

PS - Sydney says we made it. And on closer inspection, that does look like my writing on the folder.

Is losing your memory a bad sign?